Tampa Bay Analytical Research is a leading provider of contract analytical services to the dietary supplement community. We utilize our experience, expertise, and the highest scientific standards to serve the needs of raw materials suppliers and finished product manufacturers, government agencies, and organizations and associations such as AOAC, APHA, ABC, and AHP.
• Analytical method development and validation
• Contract analysis
• Expert testimony in litigation
Established in 2006, our mission is to continually set new standards in the reliability of analytical testing data for dietary supplements, to raise the awareness of the challenges in the analysis of dietary supplements, and to help overcome those challenges. In doing so, TBAR intends to raise the quality expectations associated with dietary supplements and provide consumers with increased confidence in their usage.
At Tampa Bay Analytical Research, the reliability and traceability of the results is of primary importance. TBAR is owned and operated by a Ph.D. analytical chemist, and has as its core expertise quantitative analytical chemistry. To ensure the reliability of results, we observe practices that go above and beyond what many other laboratories offer.
• At a minimum, we typically make duplicate test preparations of each sample, and analyze each test preparation in duplicate, so each result is the average of at least 4 data points. Many other laboratories only perform a single analysis of a single test preparation.
• For new or novel matrices, we will prepare five test preparations of a sample, and analyze each test preparation in duplicate to obtain a precision estimate.
• Whenever available, we run control samples with each analytical sequence to ensure proper control of the method, as well as generate additional precision data.
• For botanical raw materials and botanical ingredients in finished products, we run 5-point calibration curves, before and after the sample analyses.
• For pure raw materials (e.g. coenzyme Q10), we prepare a single-point calibration standard in duplicate (2 separate weighings of reference standard).
• We participate in the NIST Quality Assurance Program for Dietary Supplements.
There are many other reasons to use Tampa Bay Analytical Research for your contract analysis needs. Please feel free to contact us for more information.